A two day Bio-medical dry needling course delivering up to date research and treatment. Designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills to integrate needling into clinical practice for the management of the athlete.
- History of acupuncture
- Neurophysiology of needling and pain(nociception)
- Overtraining syndromes and delayed onset muscle soreness.
- Improving performance homeostasis in sport ( Musculoskeletal,physiological and endocrine systems)
- Prevention of chronic dysfunction, tissue degeneration and adhesions.
- Reduction of stress and anxiety and the role of stress in tissue repair and function.
- Recovery from fatigue underperforming syndromes (balancing the hormonal and endocrine systems).
- Introduction to needles, contraindications and techniques.
- Practical formulae for treatment for various conditions and stages..
Needling of facial points, Tmj, subscapularis, advanced pelvic and abdominal areas.